Sunday, 18 September 2016
Place Vendôme in Paris is know as the most luxurious place in the world. This is also the place of many arts shows.
These days, we can see the beautiful pieces of Manolo Valdès (until the 5th of October 2016).
Just behind the previous statue, you can see the Palace Hotel Ritz, totally renovated. This Ritz is the first one in the world, created by Cesar Ritz in 1898.
Do you know the Embassy of Texas in Paris?
It was just at the entrance of the Place Vendôme, it is a hotel now:
Labels: Place Vendôme
Friday, 11 March 2016
|Last man on earth?|
|Underground periscope?||Convenient chairs to speak?|
- The Canal Saint-Martin
- The Place de la Bastille
- The Garden of the Palais-Royal
1) First stop, canal Saint-Martin, of which the complete draining offers an amazing spectacle:
For more information, see this article (in French, with videos) or this one (in English).
On the side of the Canal, a little street art bonus:
|"Assainissement" means "Sanitation"|
2) Second stop, Place de la Bastille, where we can find a new device, the Timescope:
If you look in the device, you won't see Place de la Bastille as it is now but as it was in 1416 or in 1789 (year of the storming of la Bastille)!
To know more about this experience, click here. See also this report.
3) Third stop, Garden of the Palais-Royal. Ten new chairs appeared in the nice park of the Palais Royal. Not classical chairs, as we can see in the Parisian gardens, but double-chairs ("des causeuses"), ideal to talk with someone. And double-chairs which have something special:
These chairs have entries for earphones. Come with your own earphones and you will listen to poems:
To know more about these "Confidents", look here.
Always something new in Paris! : )
Thursday, 3 September 2015
|Parc de la Villette - Fruit Tree by Choi Jeong Hwa|
If you are in Paris these days, there are three beautiful and not so touristic parks where you can enjoy the end of the summer and the coming fall. In addition, in each of these splendid parks, you will discover very nice and original exhibitions:
- "L'air des géants" in the "Parc de la Villette" (don't wait, it is only until September 2015, 13th)
- "Une pierre dans mon jardin", by Thierry Courtadon in the garden of the "Palais Royal" (until November 2015, 23rd)
- "Fruits à tous les étages" in the "Parc de Bagatelle" (until November 2015, 1st)
"Parc de la Villette" - "L'air des géants" (The air of the giants)
Some pictures of the huge art creations you will find there:
|Parc de la Villette - White lotus of Choi Jeong Hwa|
|Parc de la Villette - Poulpe by Les Plasticiens Volants|
"Jardin du Palais Royal" - "Une pierre dans mon jardin" (A stone in my garden)
"Parc de Bagatelle" - "Fruits à tous les étages" (Fruits on every floor)
|Espaliered apple trees|
|Big espaliered tree, face and profile|
Well, if you miss these temporary exhibitions, those parks are really nice places to go, enjoy for instance "Bagatelle" where the peacocks can live in peace...
Zoom on the parks, their respective sizes (same scale) and locations in Paris:
|Bagatelle, Palais Royal, La Villette|